Monday, August 30, 2010

Too Hot to Handle!

August is almost over, but BBQ season is still in full swing! So in preparation for next weekend's Labor Day celebration I decided to make some "Pot Pinchers" to use for the pork 'n beans pot! What's hot dogs without the beans? Right?


Of course, I figured, I'd be the one using them since I made them out of floral fabric. But much to my surprise, my DH said, that while he totally wouldn't use the "rick rack" one, he loved the grey/black/citron printed fabric! AND would even use it!

Thus my latest idea...they are so easy to make that I'm offering a class to make them in Sept. It only takes a couple of hours to knock out one and an afternoon for a pair! While these particular pinchers don't go together...still have the other halves to make....you could mix and match using different patterns on different parts of the pincher! And the combination of fabrics and trims i
s endless!

If you can't make it to The Grove for the class, pick up the pattern by "Vanilla House" and get some fun fabrics and get ready for that weekend BBQ!



PS...not too early to think about Holiday gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Judy! I just adore them! I've got to come in to the shop SOON and look over all your new fabrics. I'm just boiling over with ideas!
    x, Val

    ReplyDelete