Sunday, March 7, 2010

At Peace with the Bag....



Just finished a great little bag to take to the grocery store by designer Kay Whitt of Serendipity Studio, www.sewserendipity.com. She has a ingenious way of putting it together that is not only simple, but leaves nothing to guess! It's the Dharma Eco-Friendly Bag in her collection of patterns that I carry at The Grove. I met Kay at the Houston Quilt Market and bought many of her patterns on the spot!
She's wearing another of her designs, The Torri Tunic, in a fabric by Michael Miller called "Surf".
Both are at The Grove!



The pocket on the front serves two purposes, carrying that pastry item you don't want to get crushed and then when you're done with the bag....just fold it into the pocket and toss it in your car. So easy!

I chose to use two fun fabrics from Michael Miller, "Humming Birds" and "Luna Moth". The selection was made with my husband in mind, who does the grocery shopping for our family. I thought the Luna Moth, in the darker eggplant color was just perfect for him! And I was right, he very reluctantly gave it back to me so I could use it as a sample in the store for a while. I'm thinking I may have to make another one....oh, did I mention that the pattern comes in 3 sizes and they all snuggle into each other and fold up together! So cool!

It's a fun class project that I'll be offering this month at The Grove! If you're not in San Diego, pick up the pattern choose some fun fabrics and make up one that's very uniquely you!

No comments:

Post a Comment